- Bandanas & Ties
- Hair Accessories
- Engraved Pet Tags
- Hats & Visors
- Party Collars & Hats
- Wristbands & Ankle Cuffs
- Coats, Jackets & Snowsuits
- Eco-friendly Organic Clothing
- Formal Wear
- Panties/Belly Bands
- Pants & Jumpsuits
- Personalized Clothing
- Regional Clothing
- Skirts & Tutus
- Beds & Blankets
- Collars, Leads & Harnesses
- Custom Dog Clothing
- E-Gift Certificates
- Goodies for Dog Lovers
- Health & Wellness
- Holiday Themed
- Large Dog Department
- Licensed Sportswear
- Natural Food & Treats
- Out & About
- Pet Housewares & Furniture
- Potty Training & More
- Shoes, Socks & Boots
- Spa & Bath
- Sweet Shop Dog Bakery
The first time you prepare Canine Health you won’t believe how good it smells! Could this be dog food? Not really it’s is healthy, delicious, fresh food that you make for your dog. Balanced, preservative- free so good for their health and longevity.
- Step 1: Measure 3 red scoops of Canine Health. (scoop enclosed in bag) Put the mix into a bowl.
- Step 2: Add approximately 8 ounces of pure hot water and mix.
- Step 3: Let the mixture stand for approximately eight minutes until cool.
- Step 4: Add your choice of protein approximately 6 ounces of chicken, turkey, beef, fish, eggs etc. The meat can be raw or cooked depending on your preference.
Step 5: Add 1 tablespoon of either flax seed oil, wheat germ oil, borage oil ,OR use Dr. Harvey's Health & Shine
Helpful Hints When Feeding Canine Health
- Canine Health can be prepared and stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Canine Health can be frozen in individual servings for easy travel meals or for a dog-sitter or kennel. (Don’t freeze the oil)
- Most dogs transition to Canine Health with no problems at all, but you can add Dr. Harvey’s Canine Health to your current diet and transition in less than a week’s time. In fact, most dogs just start with Canine Health and never go back! In order to achieve all of the benefits of this diet, we suggest not mixing Canine Health with kibbled or canned food.
- Rotating Protein sources every week is an essential part of feeding Dr. Harvey’s.
Make sure that you give your dog a variety of high quality meats and oils.
Why Switch to Canine Health?
We Make It So Easy
Helpful Hints When Feeding Canine Health
Can Canine Health Be Frozen?
Yes. Dr. Harvey’s pre-mixes can be frozen with or without the meat included. This is convenient for travel and for leaving your dog with a dog sitter. The most important thing to know about freezing it NOT to freeze the oil. The addition of oil is a very important part of feeding Dr. Harvey’s. The oil should be added to the defrosted mix just before feeding. The oil also should not be heated. If you use cooked meat, add the oil after you have cooked the meat, just before serving.
Can Dr. Harvey’s Be Used for dog with Diabetes?
One of the best things about Dr. Harvey’s pre-mixes is that a guardian can control the protein and fat content of the daily diet. In the case of diabetes, it is most important that the animal has sufficient protein, fresh food of high quality, fresh non-toxic water and certain supplements including a good whole food multivitamin supplement, chromium, Co Enzyme Q10 and Alpha- Lipoic Acid. These supplements along with a natural fresh diet will support the pancreas and help to balance blood sugar levels. While some animals will require medication, it is possible to lessen or eliminate insulin treatments with these suggestions. Dogs with diabetes should, of course, be monitored by a veterinarian. Maintaining your companions weight is also critical, but a low fat diet is not a good solution as the fat in the food is essential for metabolism. Using Dr. Harvey’s Canine Health or Veg-to-Bowl and adjusting the protein to be over 26% can make provide the proper ratio of protein to carbohydrates. This will mean a lower carbohydrate intake, which is exactly what you want for a diabetic dog. Be careful with treats. Using all meat treats such as Power Patties and Le Dogue bites are a great solution for spoiling your diabetic dog without adding fat or carbs to their diet.